Momentum Dance Challenge is open to all students regardless
- This is your event! All of the proceeds from
ticket sales at your school belong to you! We will also advertise Momentum
Dance Challenge in the community.
- The OTTAWA Challenge is open to every high
school in the Outaouais region's French and English school boards.
- Due to seating capacity, we can only accept a maximum of 10 teams so register as soon as you can!
are no prerequisites for entering the competition. We are, however, encouraging
the students to create and choreograph their own dances. Each team must pay and
register for each piece of choreography.
- Choreography is not limited to any style, however we encourage high energy routines.
- The performances will be judged by four (3-4) professionals (2-3 dance professionals and 1 local celebrity).
- A major highlight of the event will be performances
by one or two of the industry's top local professional dance companies.
- The top performing group will be given
an opportunity to present their choreography at the Culture Shock
Canada Showcase Weekend ! Visit the Culture Shock
Canada web site for more details on the company and its mission. www.cultureshockcanada.org
*note* if the group awarded is not able to attend the Culture Shock Canada Showcase Weekend, the performance award will be offered to the second place group.
- Momentum Dance Challenge is an opportunity for you to raise money for your dance program. You will be selling $10 tickets to the show to people in your community.
- Teams must be registered by April 30 2019 in order to receive tickets!
- Teams registered after the deadline will not be able to receive tickets. A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase at the door at the event for $10.
- An even number of tickets will be delivered to you to a maximum of forty (40). This will depend on the number of teams registered.
- Income from
tickets purchased on the night of the event will be directly invested into next